Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Importance of the Family

This blog has arisen out of a strong impression to study the family and why it is truly important not only in Gods plan for us, but why it is important for society, for individuals and for the world at large. The family is central to the creators plan, and I believe that strengthening, protecting, and supporting this essential unit will yield bounteous blessings from our Father in heaven. 

I also believe that no matter the walk of life that we are in, we all have a part in defending the family. Sister Barbara Thompson stated, "I am a member of a family. I am a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a niece, and a granddaughter. I do have responsibilities-and blessings-because I am a member of a family. Even if I were the only living member of my family, I am still a member of God's family, and I have responsibility to help strengthen other families." (Barbara Thompson, "I will Strengthen Thee; I will Help Thee," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 117.)

 President Spencer W. Kimball stated, "The time will come when only those who believe deeply and actively in the family will be able to preserve their families in the midst of the gathering evil around us... We know that when things go wrong in the family, things go wrong in every other institution in society." I too believe that if we are to protect our families we must strengthen them and be aware of the adversaries plan to destroy them. Join me in studying the family, learning of its vast importance, knowing how to strengthen it, and deciphering Satans lies regarding this sacred unit called the family.  I would love to hear you in your efforts to strengthen home and family. 

Enjoy!

Kylie 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for starting this wonderful blog! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to hear your thoughts as well regarding strengthening homes and families!

    ReplyDelete